Gregory Vorona, M.D.Assistant Professor
PO Box 980615
Phone: (804) 828-9842
Fax: (804) 628-1132
Specialties: Pediatric radiology, pediatric neuroradiology
Areas of Interest
- Pediatric CT radiation dose reduction/optimization
- Diffusion tensor imaging (DTI) in pedatric neuroimaging
- Vorona G, Ceschin R, Clayton B, Sutcavage T, Tadros S, Panigrahy A. Reducing abdominal CT radiation dose with the adaptive statistical iterative reconstruction technique in children: a feasibility study. Pediatric Radiology 2011; 41(9): 1174-82.
- Vorona G, Zuccoli G, Sutcavage T, Clayton B, Ceschin R, Panigrahy A. The use of adaptive statistical iterative reconstruction in pediatric head CT: a feasibility study. American Journal of Neuroradiology 2013; 34(1): 205-11.
- Prezzia C, Vorona G, Greenspan R. Fourth year medical student opinions and basic knowledge regarding the field of radiology. Academic Radiology 2013; 20(3): 272-83.
- Vorona G, Dekio F, Pollock A. A 22 month old male child with a painless arm mass presenting to the emergency department. Pediatric Emergency Care 2014; 30(3): 221-3.
Recent Oral Presentations
- Vorona G, Pollock A. "A comparison of airway fluoroscopy with endoscopy in the evaluation of children with stridor." Oral presentation at the Society of Pediatric Radiology 2013 annual meeting, San Antonio, Texas; May 2013.
Recent Educational Exhibits and Poster Presentations:
- Vorona G, Austin F, Servaes S. Interesting radiographic findings at presentation to the emergency department in children found to have leukemia. Educational exhibit presented at the annual meeting of the American Society of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Miami, Florida; April 2013.
- Vorona G, Berman J, Shekdar K. Diffusion tensor imaging (DTI) in pediatric neuroradiology: an overview. Educational exhibit presented at the 2014 annual meeting of the Society of Pediatric Radiology, Washington DC; May 2014.
- Gadde J, Vorona G, Harding B, Shekdar K. The Chiari malformations, revisited: a pictorial essay. Educational exhibit presented at the 2104 annual meeting of the Society of Pediatric Radiology, Washington DC; May 2014.
- M.D. - Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Residency - West Pennsylvania Allegheny Health System, Pittsburgh, PA
- Fellowship - The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
- American Board of Radiology