Jill M. Bruno, D.O.
- Abdominal imaging
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Abdominal imaging
- D.O. – Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Internship, Internal Medicine - MedStar Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
- Residency, Radiology – MedStar Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
- Fellowship, Abdominal Imaging - MedStar Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
- American Board of Radiology
University of Pennsylvania Treatment Research Center. Research Assistant: Veterans Administration multi-center investigation of Naltrexone in the treatment of alcoholism. 1997-1999
HONORS AND AWARDS
- MedStar Medical Group Radiology Above and Beyond Award 2017
Awarded to 6 radiologists out of a group of over 100 radiologists
- Administrative Chief Resident July 2006 – December 2007
- Homer L. Twigg, MD Outstanding Resident of the Year Award June 2008
- Homer L. Twigg, MD Outstanding Resident of the Year Award June 2007
- MedStar Imaging Services Seminar, MedStar Union Memorial Hospital, February 2019
Update on Incidental Findings on Body CT and MRI
- MedStar Imaging Services Seminar, MedStar Union Memorial Hospital, February 2018
- Screening Mammography Guidelines and Digital Breast Tomosynthesis
- MedStar Imaging Services Seminar, MedStar Union Memorial Hospital, January 2017
MRI of the Female Pelvis
- MedStar Bel Air – Breast Cancer Awareness Month, October 2016
Screening Mammography Guidelines and Digital Breast Tomosynthesis
- MMGR Practice Council Committee on Quality and Safety April 2016-present
- MedStar Union Memorial Hospital and Good Samaritan Hospital QA Committee July 2016-present
- Kaiser Permanente Radiology Peer Review Committee July 2009 – June 2011
- Practitioner Performance and Oversight Committee July 2009 – June 2011
- Groeniger J, Bruno J, Filice R. Ensuring MIPS/MACRA Radiation Dose Reduction Compliance: Automated Evaluation of Enterprise Radiology Reports. Presented at Radiological Society of North America, Quality Improvement Reports Monday Poster Discussions, November 26, 2018 (Abstract QI008-EB-MOB).
- Sterbis K, Allison S, McCullough M, Bruno J, Flick P, Spies J. Choice of Embolic Material for Uterine Embolization: Results of a Randomized Trial. Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC, USA. Presented at Society of Interventional Radiology annual meeting (Abstract 85, March, 2004).
- Bruno J and Spies J. Long Term Outcome from Uterine Artery Embolization for Leiomyomas. Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC, USA. Presented at Society of Interventional Radiology annual meeting (Abstract 509, March, 2003).
Banovac F, Bruno J, Wright J, Cleary K. "Thoracoabdominal and endovascular interventions" in Image-Guided Surgery: Technology and Applications, editors T. Peters and K. Cleary; Springer 2008.
- Popa T, Ibanez L, Levy E, White A, Bruno J, Cleary K. Tumor volume measurement and volume measurement comparison plug-ins for VolView using ITK. Proc. SPIE Vol 6141, p. 395-402, Medical Imaging 2006: Visualization, Image-Guided Procedures, and Display; Kevin R. Cleary, Robert L. Galloway, Jr.; Eds.
- Spies JB, Allison S, Flick P, Cramp M, Bruno J, Jha RC, Ascher SA. Spherical polyvinyl alcohol versus tris-acryl gelatin microspheres for uterine Artery embolization for leiomyomas: results of a limited randomized comparative study. Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology. 16 (11):1431-7, November 2005.
- Spies J, Bruno J, Czeyda-Pommersheim F, Magee S, Ascher S, Jha R. Long-Term Outcome of Uterine Artery Embolization of Leiomyomata. Obstetrics and Gynecology 106: 933-939, 2005.
- Bruno J, Sterbis K, Flick P, McCullough M, Cramp M, Murphy-Skrynarz K, Spies JB. Recovery after Uterine Artery Embolization for Leiomyomas: A Detailed Analysis of its Duration and Severity. Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology. 15: 801-807, 2004.
- Spies J, Allison S, Flick P, McCullough M, Sterbis K, Cramp M, Bruno J, Jha R. Polyvinyl Alcohol Particles and Tris-acryl Gelatin Microspheres for Uterine Artery Embolization for Leiomyomas: Results of a Randomized Comparative Study. Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology. 15: 793-800, 2004.