The Division of Diagnostic Medical Physics has five full-time medical physics faculty members who provide clinical professional services in diagnostic radiological imaging physics and nuclear medicine physics. All medical physicists participate in clinical service and consultation, research and development, and teaching. Each medical physicist is board certified by either the American Board of Radiology or the American Board of Medical Physics.
Each medical physicist participates in research and development pertaining to their personal interests and acts as a resource for collaboration with other professionals. All of our medical physicists have an academic appointment, which requires participating in the education of future medical physicists, resident physicians, medical students and technologists in medical physics, radiation protection and radiobiology.
With extensive experience, our medical physicists have expertise in quality control, calibration and compliance, including:
- Acceptance testing of imaging equipment
- Calibration and optimization of imaging equipment
- Performance evaluation
- Compliance testing with regulatory requirements
- Organization of quality control and quality assurance of imaging systems
- Design and verification of radiation installations
- Control and minimize radiation exposures
- Patient dose monitoring and tracking
- Evaluation and application of radiation safety in radiological imaging
Division of Diagnostic Medical Physics
Pei-Jan Paul Lin, Ph.D.