The Division of Diagnostic Medical Physics has five full-time faculty members, and they are board certified by either the American Board of Radiology or the American Board of Medical Physics.
Our faculty members provide clinical professional services, consultation, and research and development in diagnostic radiological imaging physics and nuclear medicine physics. Additionally, they participate in research and development and act as a resource for other medical professionals.
Our medical physicists are required to participate in the education of future medical physicists, resident physicians, medical students and technologists in medical physics, radiation protection and radiobiology.
With extensive experience, our medical physicists have expertise in quality control, calibration and compliance, including:
- Acceptance testing of imaging equipment
- Calibration and optimization of imaging equipment
- Performance evaluation
- Compliance testing with regulatory requirements
- Organization of quality control and quality assurance of imaging systems
- Design and verification of radiation installations
- Control and minimize radiation exposures
- Patient dose monitoring and tracking
- Evaluation and application of radiation safety in radiological imaging
Division of Diagnostic Medical Physics
Pei-Jan Paul Lin, Ph.D.