Image of Excellence
The VCU Department of Radiology is at the forefront of academic radiology departments, offering clinical, technological, educational and research initiatives that allow us to provide high-quality patient care and train the next generation of radiologists and nuclear medicine physicians.
Through our mission and vision, we strengthen the VCU School of Medicine’s ability to create exceptional educational opportunities and provide compassionate healthcare throughout Virginia and beyond.
Our Vision is to be recognized nationally and internationally as a world-class radiology department.
We are dedicated to our Image of Excellence through the fulfillment of our mission:
- To provide optimal care in a patient-centered environment
- To provide subspecialty expertise
- To provide top quality imaging and therapeutic procedures
- To advance medical education and research
Learn More about our Strategic Pillars
The VCU Department of Radiology's four pillars guide our decisions and actions:
We understand that our patients are our number one priority and we make every effort to ensure their safety and well-being while providing the best quality medical service available.
Our Patient-centered Environment Includes:
- Friendly and caring staff
- Convenient and easy patient scheduling
- Timely appointment availability
- Multiple, accessible locations
- Rapid, electronic medical results reporting
- Readily available subspecialty radiologists for consultation
We provide highly trained and certified subspecialists including radiologists, nuclear medicine physicians, medical physicists, technologists and nurses (e.g., diagnostic, interventional, breast imaging, MRI, CT, ultrasound, nuclear medicine, and positron emission tomography (PET)).
Quality Imaging and Therapeutic Procedures
We are dedicated to providing the highest standard of patient care and innovative procedures. With a wide range of exciting clinical, technological, education and research initiatives, the Department continues to be at the forefront of academic radiology departments.
We Demonstrate Our Commitment to Quality Through:
- Leadership in patient safety and quality
- High-level patient and referring physician satisfaction
- Cutting-edge procedures
- National accreditation of imaging services
- State-of-the-art technology and scanners
Advance Education and Research
As part of an academic medical center, VCU Department of Radiology understands the value and the need for educating the next generation of care providers and expanding the horizons of medical knowledge.
We are Dedicated to Advancing Education and Research Through:
- Medical student education
- Resident education
- Fellow education
- Technologist education
- Nursing education
- Technologist and nursing student education
- Radiologist assistant educational program
- Nurse practitioner education
- Patient education
- Physician continuing medical education (e.g., local, regional, national, and international)
- Visiting fellowships, web-based teaching and innovative teaching modules
- Promotion of clinical research, with a provision of collaborative support for basic science and clinical research and the goal of increasing the amount of funded research