VCU Department of Radiology News
Find the VCU Department of Radiology current and archived newsworthy activities and accomplishments.
Michelle Futrell, Lung Cancer Screening Program Coordinator, Spins the 'Wheel of Fortune'
Michelle Futrell, Lung Cancer Screening Program Coordinator for the VCU Department of Radiology dream comes true as a contestant on the Wheel of Fortune. Michelle took her chance at the wheel and bought vowels with her episode airing Monday, January 20th.
The Wheel of Fortune is a syndicated television game show where contestants spin a wheel to guess individual letters, buy vowels and figure out hidden phrases. The show airs on Richmond's local channel 8 (WRIC).
The VCU Department of Radiology is at the forefront of comprehensive medical education, novel research and patient-centered care.
- November 2019
- Radiologist, Brian Strife, M.D., was recognized with a 2019 Best Bedside Manner Award, an annual honor presented by OurHealth Magazine. Eighty VCU Health providers were recognized and 16 providers, including Brian Strife, M.D., placed first in their medical specialty. Recipients were selected based on votes from community members and medical professionals in Richmond.
- June 2019
- The VCU Department of Radiology expands musculoskeletal (MSK) imaging services at the Neuroscience, Orthopaedic and Wellness Center (N.O.W. Center) with the acquisition of new 128-slice computed topography (CT), dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry (DXA) and 3 Tesla MRI scanners.
- April 2019
- Four physicians from the Department of Radiology at VCU Health, Ann S. Fulcher, M.D., FACR and Jinxing Yu, M.D. for Diagnostic Radiology, and Brian Strife, M.D. and Malcolm Sydnor Jr., M.D. for Interventional Radiology were named in the list of Richmond Magazine Top Doctors 2019.
- February 2019
- Laura R. Carucci, M.D. from the Department of Radiology at VCU Health was nominated by her peers in the list of Virginia Living Top Doctors 2019.
- The Department of Radiology's Priti Shah, M.D. won first place in the 2018 OurHealth Magazine for Richmond's Best Bedside Manners in the specialty of Radiology, as recognized by the public.
- October 2018
- September 2018
- April 2018
- Six VCU Health Department of Radiology providers named Top Docs 2018 by Richmond Magazine. Congratulations to the 2018 Top Docs winners John Grizzard, M.D. and Jinxing Yu, M.D. for Diagnostic Radiology; Gordon Morano, M.D., Brian Strife, M.D., and Malcolm Sydnor Jr., M.D. for Interventional Radiology; and Gregory Vorona, M.D. for Diagnostic Radiology at the Children's Hospital of Richmond at VCU. Review the complete list at VCU Health Top Docs of 2018 by Richmond Magazine.
- April 2018
- Three VCU Health Department of Radiology physicians among Virginia Living's Top Doctors of 2018 list. Congratulations to Top Doctors in Radiology Ann S. Fulcher, M.D., FACR, Curtis Hayes, M.D., FACR, and Mary Ann Turner, M.D., FACR. Review the VCU Health provider list of Virginia Livings Top Doctors of 2018.
- October 2017
- Uma R. Prasad, M.D. honored with MCV Physicians Distinguished Clinician Award for commitment to providing exceptional patient care
- June 2017
- November 2013
- Mary Ann Turner, M.D., FACR honored with the Irby-James Award for Excellence in Clinical Teaching for her long-term and significant impact on clinical education at VCU. In 2011 she received the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Society of Gastrointestinal Radiologists.
- August 2013
- Inaugural edition of the VCU Department of Radiology Image of Excellence newsletter
- May 21, 2012
- The Lung Cancer Alliance designates VCU Medical Center's Lung Cancer Screening Program as a Screening Center of Excellence (SCOE) offering best practices and demonstrating a commitment to responsible, high-quality screening practices. This designation ensures that low dose CT screening for lung cancer is done in a safe, efficient and equitable manner.