Breaking Department News
Mark S. Parker, M.D., F.A.C.R., Director of VCU Health's Early Detection Lung Cancer Screening Program, presents on early detection lung cancer screening to a captivated audience at the West Henrico Virginia Rotary Club. VCU Health’s Lung Cancer Screening Program was the first to be recognized as an American College of Radiology-designated Lung Cancer Screening Center, and the Lung Cancer Alliance designated the program as a national “Center of Excellence.”
A 3 Tesla MRI scanner and a 128-Slice CT scanner expand radiology services available at VCU Health's Neuroscience, Orthopaedic and Wellness Center (N.O.W. Center), located near Short Pump Town Center in Henrico, Virginia. The VCU Department of Radiology provides medical imaging services, including DXA, CT, MRI, ultrasound and x-ray at the N.O.W. Center.
Department of Radiology News
Other Big News and Announcements
Through diagnostic and interventional medical imaging the VCU Department of Radiology is at the forefront of ground-breaking research and life-changing patient care. There is always something going on and we want to share the exciting news:
- June 2019
- The VCU Department of Radiology expands musculoskeletal (MSK) imaging services at the Neuroscience, Orthopaedic and Wellness Center (N.O.W. Center) with the acquisition of new 128-slice CT, dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry (DXA) and 3 Tesla MRI scanners.
- April 2019
- Four physicians from the Department of Radiology at VCU Health, Ann S. Fulcher, M.D., F.A.C.R. and Jinxing Yu, M.D. for Diagnostic Radiology, and Brian Strife, M.D. and Malcolm Sydnor Jr., M.D. for Interventional Radiology; were named in the list of Richmond Magazine Top Doctors 2019.
- February 2019
- Laura R. Carucci, M.D. from the Department of Radiology at VCU Health was nominated by her peers in the list of Virginia Living Top Doctors 2019.
- The Department of Radiology's Priti Shah, M.D. won first place in the 2018 OurHealth Magazine for Richmond's Best Bedside Manners in the specialty of Radiology, as recognized by the public.
- October 2018
- September 2018
- April 2018
- Six VCU Health Department of Radiology providers named Top Docs 2018 by Richmond Magazine. Congratulations to the 2018 Top Docs winners John Grizzard, M.D. and Jinxing Yu, M.D. for Diagnostic Radiology; Gordon Morano, M.D., Brian Strife, M.D., and Malcolm Sydnor Jr., M.D. for Interventional Radiology; and Gregory Vorona, M.D. for Diagnostic Radiology at the Children's Hospital of Richmond at VCU. Review the complete list at VCU Health Top Docs of 2018 by Richmond Magazine.
- April 2018
- Three VCU Health Department of Radiology physicians among Virginia Living's Top Doctors of 2018 list. Congratulations to Top Doctors in Radiology Ann S. Fulcher, M.D., F.A.C.R., Curtis Hayes, M.D., F.A.C.R., and Mary Ann Turner, M.D., F.A.C.R. Review the VCU Health provider list of Virginia Livings Top Doctors of 2018.
- October 2017
- Uma R. Prasad, M.D. honored with MCV Physicians Distinguished Clinician Award for commitment to providing exceptional patient care
- June 2017
- November 2013
- Mary Ann Turner, M.D. honored with the Irby-James Award for Excellence in Clinical Teaching for her long-term and significant impact on clinical education at VCU. In 2011 she received the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Society of Gastrointestinal Radiologists.
- August 2013
- Inaugural edition of the VCU Department of Radiology Image of Excellence newsletter
- May 21, 2012
- The Lung Cancer Alliance designates VCU Medical Center's Lung Cancer Screening Program as a Screening Center of Excellence (SCOE) offering best practices and demonstrating a commitment to responsible, high-quality screening practices. This designation ensures that low dose CT screening for lung cancer is done in a safe, efficient and equitable manner.