Shaimaa A Fadl, M.D.
Cardiothoracic Imaging / Emergency Radiology
West Hospital, West Wing
- M.D. – Alexandria University Faculty of Medicine, Egypt
- Internship - Alexandria University Hospitals, Egypt
- Residency – Hamad Medical Corporation, Weil Cornell affiliated, Qatar
- Fellowship – Hamad Medical Corporation, Weil Cornell affiliated, Qatar
- Fellowship - University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, WA
- American Board of Radiology
RESEARCH EXPERIENCE AND PUBLICATIONS
- Mar/April 2019 Fadl S, Sandstrom CK. Pattern Recognition “Mechanism based Injury approach during MVC” Radiographics.
- Aug. 2018 Fadl S, Linnau KF, Dighe Manjiri “Placental abruption “Review of imaging appearance” Emergency Radiol.
- Accepted Confidence level in Diagnosing Polyps on Transvaginal Sonography: Is Sonohysterography Always Necessary? Fadl S, Sabry SA, Hippe SD, Al-obaidli A, Dubinsky T. Ultrasound Quarterly.
- Accepted Value of 3D saline infusion sonohysterography. Review article. Sabry SA, Fadl S, Al-Obaidli A, Sherif H, Mahfouz AE. Polish Radiol.
- May/June 2017 Fadl S, Moshiri M, Katz D, Connine, Dighe M. Placental imaging:Normal appearance with review of pathologic findings. “Placental imaging: normal appearance with review of pathologic findings.”Radiographics.
- Jan. 2018 Saloum NMI, Sabry AS, Fadl SA. Core curriculum case illustration: tubo-ovarian abscess. Emerg Radiol.
- Nov. 2017 Saloum NMI, Hunt HW, Fadl SA. Core curriculum case illustration: a rare case of an isolated fallopian tube torsion. Emerg Radiol.
- June 2017 Fadl SA, Ehlers AP, Wallace G, Gross JA. Core curriculum illustration: abdominal wood impalement injury from motor vehicle collision. EmergRadiol.
- June 2017 Fadl SA, Edwards RM. Core curriculum illustration: blunt traumatic diaphragmatic hernia. Emerg Radiol.
- June 2017 Ramzan MM, Fadl SA, Robinson JD. Core curriculum case illustration: blunt traumatic thoracic aortic pseudo aneurysm. Emerg Radiol.
- June 2017 Aaltonen HL, Linnau KF, Fadl SA. Core curriculum case illustration: cardiac tamponade complicating proximal aortic dissection. EmergRadiol.
- April 2017 Fadl S, Ramzan M, Sandstrom C. Core Curriculum illustration: Fracture of the anterior process of the calcaneus. Emergency radiol.
- April 2017 Fadl S, Robinson J. Core Curriculum illustration: Stieda fracture (avulsion fracture of the medial femoral condyle). Emergency radiol.
- April 2017 Fadl SA, Ramzan MM, Sandstrom CK. Core curriculum case illustration: olecranon fracture. Emerg Radiol.
- April 2017 Fadl SA, Sabry SA, Ramzan MM, Linnau FK. Placental Abruption. Emerg Radiol.
- April 2017 Ramzan M, Fadl S, Sandstrom C. Core Curriculum illustration: Medial peritalar fracture dislocation. Emerg Radiol.
- April 2017 Ramzan M, Fadl S, Linnau KF. Core curriculum illustration: orbital blow out fracture. Emerg Radiol.
- Dec. 2016 Salameh KM, Fadl SAA, Badr SSHA, Kamel HA, Habboub LH (2016) A Comparative Study between Pre-Natal and Post-Natal Screening Ultrasound in Detection of Renal Anomalies in Neonates with Isolated Minor Ear Anomalies. J Neonatal Biol 5:242.
- June 2014 Mirza S, Fadl S, Napaki S, Abualruz A. Case report of complicated epidermoid cyst of the floor of the mouth: Radiology-histopathology correlation. Qatar Medical Journal. 2014;2014(1):12-16.
ORAL AND POSTER PRESENTATIONS
- December 2018 RSNA Educational exhibit digital poster presentation.
1. Pulmonary fungal infection in patients with stem cell transplantation.
2. MRI of restrictive cardiomyopathy.
3. Wooden foreign bodies and penetrating injuries.
4. Pericardial diseases “multimodality approach”
- September 2018 ASER Educational exhibit digital poster presentation “Wooden foreign bodies and penetrating injuries”
- August 2017, 2018 Speaker at the annual course of Emergency Radiology Course, Seattle, WA
- October 2017 NASCI Conference, Poster presentation.
1. Pericardial abnormalities encountered in the emergency setting
2. Blunt Traumatic Aorta Injuries
- December 2017 RSNA Educational exhibit digital poster presentation. “pattern recognition” mechanism based approach during MVC.
- March 2017 Oral presentation at the annual radiology research day, University of Washington Medical Center. Confidence level in Diagnosing Polyps on Transvaginal Sonography: Is Sonohysterography Always Necessary?
- November 2016 RSNA Oral presentation and scientific poster presentation. “A comparative study between the use of transvaginal ultrasound and saline infusion sonohysterography in the evaluation of endometrial polyps.”
- December 2014 RSNA Educational exhibit digital poster presentation
1. Diagnostic value of 3D saline infusion hysterography (3D-SIS)
2. Imaging of Complications of Bariatric surgeries.
3. Value of Dynamic rectal examination.
- March 2014 SAR Poster presentation, Florida
1. CT Spectrum of imaging findings of Tuberculosis before and after Therapy
2. Imaging spectrum of bilharziasis before and after treatment radiology pathology correlation.
- Feb. 2015 Speaker at the “Radiology resident review course, Chest radiology section, Qatar”
- Jun. 2014 Presenter at the “Radiology clerkship for medical students, Weil Cornell, Qatar.
- June 2010 Qatar Radiology Symposium QRS 2, Doha, Qatar. Bowel and mesenteric injuries poster.
- June 2004 El Shatby Hospital, Alexandria, Egypt. Murmurs in Cardiology under observation of Dr. Salah Galal